How to Enable Windows Installer Logging in Windows XP
Maybe you have come across the problem of installing the programs several times, you also want to search what went wrong and solve the problems. Once the program has been installed, the message will be generated to the Windows Event Log. You can view and solve the case by enabling Windows Installer Logging in Windows XP. This article will guide you to achieve it.
- Open the Start menu and select Run. Type regedit in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor appears, locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer key in the left pane. Right-click on the Installer key and select New\String Value to create the value named Logging.
- Double-click the Logging value and give it a value data of voicewarmup.
- Click OK to complete the setting of enabling Windows Installer Logging in Windows XP.
- The Windows Event Log is saved in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp folder ().
The instructions assume that you have successfully installed Windows XP in Partition C. You should disable the function after solving the problem, because the logging might impact your system performance.
See also How to Disable Windows Installer